Saturday, January 28, 2012

Was it JEE or something else???


IIT JEE!! (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination) the examination (if just merely put) which changed my life forever. Obviously this is something which is the story of every IITian but as aptly said the path turns out to be more important than the destination itself and in this path I found two people who redefined my life. I wonder if they weren’t there would JEE preparation be as meaningful as it is now? Would I be able to acquire that intelligence the way I did when I was with them? Would I be filled with that healthy competition which made them an enemy in the class and the best friends the moment we stepped outside? Would those arguments about science and life have ever taken place? Would that saving seat in the first bench make sense without them? Would it? I know it wouldn’t!

Gourav Khullar and Shibani Santurkar- the two smarty pants who’ve contributed so much in making me…ME! Yes! Smarty pants I used rather than using words like “best” or “awesome” because that was my first impression about them and it’s become stronger and nothing less. And, yeah guys don’t get freaked out that I am publically writing about you and shit. Of course Gourav I won’t mention that you cry and whine on everything-Rotlu sala-(cranky baby) and of course Shibu I won’t mention that you’re so in love with Tiger (bwahahaha)

So anyways I won’t get personal here. I just write this blog to mention about this composition of mine which is personally my favourite one. All my compositions are inspired by someone or something or driven by a very strong feeling. This composition had all the three ingredients in it. Someone was obviously these two, something was JEE and the strong feeling…you will eventually realize. After JEE was done it was a time of wow wonder and celebrations. We had of course realized that we will clear JEE well before we even gave the exam. The question was how would we fair in it? The AIR’s (All India Ranks)!! With all the fun and timepass in that sudden void which was created after JEE was over the day of the results slowly approached. My fingers are involuntarily typing so many things which are getting personal but I am constantly pressing backspace. I just want to stick to the composition. So, the results were online and it wasn’t too late for us to realize that we weren’t going to be together. Our AIR’s and our ambitions did coincide with each other to get us a place in the IITs to do what we want but well….not the same IIT. We were definitely overwhelmed by the fact that we all cleared JEE and proved it to ourselves those many things we had to prove but with all that happiness there was still that pinch which deeply troubled me and I know it pinched them too . I was not going to be with them! The dream which we’d dreamed together was not going to be lived together after all. Well, I tell Gourav to be the Rotlu but he’d called me the Chief of the crying brigade and it turned out to be true. I hadn’t imagined that such a thing would happen and was very very sad. That’s the time when I decided to pen down a song which would remind them of me and stay with them forever. It took me 7 minutes to write this song and 20 minutes to stop crying the way I’d probably cried in Taare Zameen Par (hindi movie). I guess I’d called Shibu as soon as I made this song and with the change in her voice itself I realized how touching it was. I presented it to them on the last day when each of us was leaving for our destination. I’d given Shibu a mug with our picture on it and so the exclusive gift of this song as a CD went to Gourav and damn it was sentimental on the day Gourav left. Phew! I so want to write so many things! They are reaching till my fingers and I am abstaining from it. Well in the end it wasn’t those 6 hours of JEE which I remember so much, they went in a flash of a second, it’s those two years with these two idiots who made those 6 hours pass so easily for me...so it was that one lucky decision to give JEE which gifted me something which is priceless just like IITG....

tu jahan rahe
jaise bhi rahe
meri dua...tere saath hai [2]

kaise shukr karun uper wale ka...
jisne banaya tera dil sone ka...
ab toh bas yaadein hai..
teri baatein hai..
jo haii mere saath main...

tu jahan rahe
jaise bhi rahe
meri dua...tere saath hai [2]


kaise bana tu mera dost...
bhul ke bhi bhul na paayun aisa dost...
ek wada raha
dil se dil ki wafaa
rahegi tere..... pyaar se....

tu jahan rahe jaise bhi rahe meri dua tere saath hai....




No comments:

Post a Comment