Saturday, November 16, 2013

End of college life...

As it’s time to bid goodbye,
I look back and see the result;
Four years it took for me to grow,
From a teen to an adult;

Never thought that I would feel this way,
Such repertoire of emotions;
I don’t even have “next sem” to say,
That hypothetical cushion;

The things I learnt, the world I shared,
With the best and brightest peers;
Will stay with me for eternity,
This place has been so dear;

It’s not that it’s the end of life,
But an end of phase it is;
That phase where we, explored ourselves,
Where we tried all of it;

The shit we did, the shit we spoke,
Makes me chuckle every time;
Crazy we are, with logics bizarre,
We set a new paradigm;

I know we won’t meet often now,
But whenever we do;
We know our eyes will dwell deep in past,
Remembering how it was with you;

I will miss this place, I will miss this world,
But I will miss you the most;
With wet eyes and a shivering smile,
To you I raise a toast;

Call it fate may be or destiny,
But I pay my gratitude;
To this place and to you my friend,
I am sure gonna miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Well written boy! This even makes us think of the time when we will be leaving this college :')

    ReplyDelete